Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Monday, November 11, 2013

BABY SHOWER GIFT CANS AND CARD

I had the pleasure of going to my "adopted" daughter's baby shower this weekend. (Since I have two sons, I've "adopted" a few wonderful daughters through the years!) I love the idea of using a paint can (and a paint can opener key attached with a bow to the handle) as a baby and wedding shower gift container. Here is my card and the decorated cans I created for this HAPPY day:




Basic Paint Can Instructions:

Cut two small pieces of DSP to cover the areas between where the handles attach and the top of the can. Adhere with double-sided tape. Cover the top third of the can between the handle attachments with two pieces of 2 1/2" by 9 1/2" using the same DSP. (Make sure all seams fall along the side of the can near the handle attachment to the can.) Cover the bottom of the can with two pieces of coordinated 5 1/2" x 12" pieces of DSP. Adhere a piece of coordinated ribbon along the seam where the upper and lower pieces of DSP meet. (The point where the two ends of the ribbon meet should be in the front because the sign will cover the seams.) Use a circle cutter to cut a piece of DSP for the top of the can....and here are a few more shower pics that were my favorites:


Jimena and Her Mom


Me and the Mommy-to-Be!


It's going to be a girl and the shower was
a lamb-themed party in browns,
cremes and whites - so pretty!!
They also had a mimosa bar -
a terrific entertaining idea!



(I took these pics before the champagne was
opened and added to the table. Open the
champagne right before guests arrive.)
The chalkboard sign was from TJ Maxx.