Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A New Arrival

We have a Red Egg Party (a Chinese banquet celebration for the birth of a baby) coming up soon in our family, and I used this cute little baby card idea by Mercedes Weber to make a card for the newest little baby boy in our family. Her idea is just adorable....and at first, I didn't notice how she added shading to the little chick head, the wing tips and cheeks --- it's those details that really make it look professional! 


Here is my my 1st attempt ---
without the color shading:



and here's my final version --- with the color shading and
some new heart-shaped feet:




I didn't have any googly eyes, so I used large adhesive pearls and dotted each one with a Sharpie marker...and when I stamped the sentiment, the ink smudged...so I re-stamped it on white cardstock, punched it out and raised it up with foam tape...another happy little opportunity to fix a mistake! (Note to self: Maybe a little blue shading on the oval would have been nice, too!) 

To visit Mercedes website, click HERE. Stamps: SU Curvy Verses; 1 3/8" circle, large oval punch, open scallop punch and circle scallop punch; misc. gems; cardstock scraps left over from my card posted HERE. (OMG --- I just fixed a typo --- I had left off the first "s" in "scraps" --- I would have died from embarrassment if I had done that!)