Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, January 23, 2015

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
A Valentine Treat

NOTE: Starting in February, I'll be posting my PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS about two times a month ^_^ Sign up in the column to the right ("Follow by Email") to receive my future posts delivered via email.

Tonight is another meeting of my Card Chicks and one of our projects is cased from a Pinterest pin and the perfect project for our group of cat lovers: A cute kitten Valentine treat with two Hershey's Kisses inside!

Sweet  treat favor * Villa Kreativa: Ferrero Küsschen Verpackung mal anders
Original Pin HERE

There were no instructions included, so I created my own version and the measurements are below:


They needed a little something to really tie in the Valentine's Day theme, so I added a base using a Martha Stewart heart border punch and added a saying from SU's Teeny Tiny wishes:


Here are my measurements:

CAT:

2" x 7" piece of medium weight DSP

Along the 7" side score at 3" and 4"

(NOTE: If making a lot of these kittens, start with a piece of 7" x 12" card stock. Score along the 7" side at 3" and 4" then turn along the 12" side and cut every 2".)

BASE:

3" x 3" white card stock

Because I was going to make a zillion of these favors, I made a template for cutting the ears using a 2" x 3" piece of card stock, I placed a dot at 1" down and 1" across in the center. Then I drew a line from each corner to the dot and cut along the lines. 


  • Before folding each 2" x 7" piece of card stock, use the template to mark the cut lines for the kitten ears 
  • Add a small glue dot to the inside of each ear point and add a small piece of red sticky tape on the inside surface in the center of the base 
  • Use a 1/2" punch for two eyes and two parts for the mouth then adhere them to the front panel
  • Add a small glue dot where the mouth circles meet - slightly towards the top
  • Place three 3" pieces of twine or thinly cut pink card stock side-by-side on the glue dot
  • Place a small glue dot on the inside of a small heart and adhere it over the previous glue dot
  • Pull the whiskers to the top and bottom to spread them out
  • Using a 02 Micron black pen, add a set of dots under each set of whiskers
  • For the bow, cut off the bottom points on two small hearts and glue them to the ear by aligning the cut edges together then place a large adhesive pearl over the seam
  • Use a bone folder lightly along all fold lines
  • Hold two Hershey's Kisses or Hugs side-by-side and adhere them to the sticky tape 
  • Adhere the ears together via the small glue dots by carefully aligning front and back ears

NOTE: I used TomBow white glue for the eyes, mouth and bow hearts so that I could move them exactly into place once they were added to the kitten. Also, the glitter paper for the hearts really made these kittens pop!

I hope to make a lot of people smile when they receive these kittens with chocolate goodies inside!