Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, July 29, 2016

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
Huge Flowers and the
Very Best of Pinterest Pins

I did a really BIG happy dance when I saw these really BIG flowers from Becky Robert's Inkin' Idaho blog which also included a video tutorial that was super helpful:

Original Pin HERE

This pic from her blog will give you a size perspective:


...and here is my version:


Becky provides the FREE petal templates and a wonderful how-to video HERE to make this flower using 5 each of the large, medium and small petals.

Instead of using 10 sheets of 8.5" x 11", I was able to make one out of 7.5 sheets by using this layout of traced templates:


To make the leaves, I took a 8.5" x 11" sheet of green card stock, scored it down the middle, folded it in half then traced a leaf that went the entire length of the card stock. 



After curling the leaves just as Becky shows for the petals, I put a slit in the bottom of the leaf as well and used hot glue just like Becky shows for the petals in her video. I gave this mega flower to my dear MIL and she loved it! 

Using a different petal shape, I recently made a nesting of three flowers in 3 shades of complimentary blues for my dining room table:


...and for my future DIL's shower, I made these
flowers and banner:


Since I know I'll be making more of these flowers, I imported the templates into my Cricut to make the cutting of the petals so much faster and easier! For more huge paper flower ideas and templates, check out these ideas on Pinterest.