Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, January 29, 2016

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
Love is in the Air
and the Very Best of Pinterest Pins

My parents' got married on Valentine's Day 62 years ago and I always like to send them a handmade card. I saw a wonderful Valentine's Day card idea on Pinterest that I thought would make the perfect anniversary card:

Stampin' Up! bird valentine card:
Original Pin HERE

...and here's my version:


Inside View

I added an embossing folder to the white background, added extra background layers onto an oversized card (5"x7"), used a metallic paper in two shades of gray for the leaves and birds, used gems for the eyes and red glitter paper for the hearts. I hope it makes their anniversary day a little happier when they receive this card in the mail.

I also have several friends with birthdays this month and next, and here's a variation of a card I created thanks to another recent pin:

From this pin below (original pin HERE)...

Ready to make it? Little Moments with You card/ Peek-a-Boo Front Fancy Fold:

to this:


While I had all of my dies, metallic thread, embossing folder and stamp sets out, I made several variations with different double sided papers and metallic threads!

I also wanted to start making some Valentine treats for my co-workers. I found this pin below:

Be Mine Hershey Kisses Window Box by Connie Stewart - Video Tutorial at www.SimplySimpleStamping.com:

...and modified it to this:


My son's fiance and I are looking for possible wedding favors and this one is in the running. It qualifies as easy and economical to make!

The easy construction is as follows:

* Take a 5" square of DSP
* Score along one side at 1.5", 3" and 4.5"
* Use a Nestibility and center it along the 3" score line to create the cut out
* Use a bone folder along all score lines 
* Cut a 2.75" by 4" piece of of acetate, fold in half and pinch along the fold along the 4" length
* Adhere the acetate to the inside with glue dots or a dot of Crystal Effects in each corner
* Apply double-sided sticky tape along the 1/2" tab and inside along the 1.5" x 4" length where the 5 kisses will reside.
* Adhere kisses along the sticky tape and adhere the 1/2" x 4" tab to close the triangular box.


To my friends and family reading this post:

Please feel free to send me your
wedding favor pins and ideas ^_^