Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, June 12, 2015

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS: Bokeh Backgrounds and the Very Best of Recent Pinterest Pins



I've discovered a lot of cards and videos lately using the Bokeh Technique (rhymes with mocha) for making backgrounds. I used a sponge to lay down two complimentary colors, then used a piece of white cardstock to punch several sizes of holes to use as a mask so white craft ink can be sponged over the background. This technique creates such lovely and versatile backgrounds! There are quite a few variations for BOKEH and here are a few Pinterest pins and videos to check out:

Stampin' Up! Bokeh Technique fabulous four
Original Pin HERE

Diane also has some wonderful paper craft ideas for a summer BBQ from SU's Sara Douglass HERE.

Original Pin HERE...and here are a
few more cards I made with this
wonderful technique:


This one needed something and Martha Stewart embossed white peel and stick borders did the trick! I simply cut them down to a smaller size:


For my DH's birthday recently, I also made this bear card because we call each other Bear:



Here's the original Pinterest card:

Season's Greetings bears made with StampinUp punches.
Original Pin HERE

Initially, I thought that this card would make a nice Christmas card for my card-worthy friends, but I realized as soon as I started punching and shading that this would be way too much work to make 20+ of these cards! For my DH, it's all worth the work, though! Check out even more masculine cards for Father's Day on Pinterest HERE.