Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, May 8, 2015

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
Sweet Summer and the
Very Best of Recent Pinterst Pins

I decided to go through some of my older and nearly forgotten stamp sets to make a few new cards. When I saw this card on Pinterst, I knew I had to use it for inspiration with my SWEET SUMMER SU set:

Original Pin HERE

 Version One

Inside View

 Version Two

Inside

Copics:

Border Punches by Martha Stewart

Bees by Jolee's

Check out a few more Sweet Summer cards HERE and check out all of the submissions for Paper Pal Arts 250 Color Challenge HERE....and wait...there's more...I made this Mother's Day card below for my dear MIL using inspiration from two card ideas I recently saw on Pinterest: 


Here are my inspirational pins:

Happy Friday, everyone. Sherry here with another monochromatic card featuring the Fairyland Butterflies. I will be teaching a monochromatic class at Ultimate Hobbies in May, date not yet set, and this card will be one of the ones we'll be creating. This die is beautiful just as it is, and you can also separate the butterflies, making it very versatile. I love when that happens! As you can see, this is quite a simple card. I once again used the Open Studio Rectangle Layers to create the framed pi
Original Pin HERE
and
the letterpress technique pin:
Original Pin HERE

The pin above will take you to a terrific tutorial showing two ways to letterpress using a Cuttlebug or other similar device....and then I saw a wonderful butterfly treat stand on Inkin' Idaho's blog:

Inking Idaho
Original Pin HERE

Inking Idaho: Butterfly Table
Original Pin HERE

 ...and I knew I had to make one to go with my butterfly Mother's Day card and my cupcake box (described in a previous post HERE):

,

I just realized that I have to add a row of pearls to the butterfly body.

..and lastly...one of my favorite humorists, Erma Bombeck, once said, "The hardest part of being a mother is having to show up for the job EVERY day!" To the amazing women in my life who are mothers, I'm wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!