Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, April 3, 2015

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
The Very Best of Recent Pins on Pinterest

COLOR ON BLACK CARDS

My talented friend and neighbor, Katie, came up with the wonderful design for this card below and I got to make one for my dear FIL's birthday last week --- PLUS I already had a matching bag in my stash of gift bags! Oh! I love when that happens!


I didn't have the die cut for the letters used to make HAPPY, but I did have a small butterfly punch, so I tried making a few similar cards like this:

SENTIMENT:
Elementary Elegance (SU)

The sentiments in white on the above cards are heat embossed and that - along with the colors on black - really makes these cards pop when seen in person! I recalled seeing other black and white cards on Pinterest recently and this one called out to me:

Darling card!
Original Pin HERE

I'll have to try cutting strips of black card stock to make one just like this, but I did have some black and white striped paper already and CASED this idea to make this card:

SENTIMENT:
Heard from the Heart (SU)
LEAVES Made with a
Martha Stewart Punch

Here's one last variation on cards using strips of color and butterflies. This is my next card to make using SU's small butterfly punch and their Papillon Potpourri set. I'll try it using a black card base, too!

butterfly card-stampin up
Original Pin HERE