Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, November 28, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
My Favorite Christmas Cards

Awhile back, I accidently posted two entries on one day for Pin It Friday Favs, so I retracted the one at the end of this post and added some more content to it so I could post everything today. Enjoy!

This card sang to me me when I spotted it on Pinterest and I knew I had to attempt one with the stamps I had on hand:

SU Festival of Trees
Original Pin HERE

Here's my version:

I do love the SU Festival of Trees version in the pinned version and I think I must put it on my Wish List!...and here's another version on this theme that I saw on Pinterest:

Stampin' Up ideas and supplies from Vicky at Crafting Clare's Paper Moments: Snowy slopes Christmas card using Festival of Trees from Stampin' Up
Click HERE for Original Pin

I've found many wonderful Christmas cards to make on Pinterest, but this one was stunning and I knew I had to make my version of it:

VERY pretty!
Click HERE for the Original Pin

I didn't have the exact punches, but I had very similar items that would allow me create something similar:


INSIDE VIEW

While I had everything out, I had to make another one with a few modifications after I found this pin for making a cardinal out of the SU bird punch:

Alex's Creative Corner: Cardinal Punch Art
Click HERE for the Original Pin

...so I made the card again with a cardinal and a different background embossing folder...and I think I like this one best:


I found an image online using Google images for the Deck the Halls sheet music and used that for the music notes paper. Then I cut it into a circle using my Small Classic Circles Nesties on top of the Small Classic Scalloped Circle die. I have enough supplies for four more cards, but it takes a lot of work just to make one of these cards...so I may be stopping here with two cards made! My mom would love this card because she was a piano teacher and we lived in North Carolina with the cardinal as the official state bird...plus, she always loves my cards and would save this one forever!