Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, November 7, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
Candy Dispensers

She's a Sassy Lady: Candy Dispenser
Original Pin HERE

The candy dispenser above is made using a computer cutting machine that I don't have, so I took a look and designed one using a simple scoring board. Here are the pics of my finished boxes - a large and small version:




To add candy to the boxes, I placed them upside down and loaded them in through the opening. (I made the sentiment on my computer.) Here are my measurements for the small box:


Start with a medium-weight DSP that measures 8-1/2" x 7-1/2":

*Along the 8-1/2" side, score at 2", 4", 6" and 8"


* Along the 7-1/2" side, score at 3/4", 2-3/4", 4-3/4" and 6-3/4"

Draw in all cut lines as shown in the pictures above.


NOTE: If you want to make several dispensers, it is very helpful to cut out one to use as an overlay template to outline all of the cuts with a pencil.

For the larger size dispenser, start with a piece of
10-1/2" x 9"

* Along the 10-1/2" side, score at 2 1/2", 5", 7-1/2" and 10"

* Along the 9" side, score at 3/4", 3-1/4", 5 3/4" and 8-1/4"

NOTE A: I used TomBow Mono Liquid Glue on all flaps. NOTE B: I prefer the smaller dispenser size, and to view more candy dispensers and templates on Pinterest, click HERE.