Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, September 5, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
My Latest Cards

This is a card made with a long ago retired set from SU called FRIENDSHIP BLOOMS:



Love this saying for get well cards!
(The punch is from Martha Stewart.)

Version II
 All sayings were done on my computer.

 

...and here was my inspiration from Pinterest:

SU Friendship Blooms Set
Click HERE for Original Pin

Here was my Pinterest inspiration for the inside saying:

Another bandaid get well card! I want one since I have a kidney infection! Ha!
Click HERE for Original Pin

I also found this lovely drawing on Pinterest...

I have been thinking about getting this as a tattoo in memory of my late grandfather, he'd always read Pooh Bear stories to my brothers and I as kids :-)

Click HERE for Original Pin

I used it to make a sympathy card for my dear friend Mel:


Using PhotoShop, I enhanced the colors of the Winnie-the-Pooh drawing before printing it on SU's Whisper White card stock.

Inside View

The bird frame is from SU's Four Frames set and the sentiment is from their Thoughts and Prayers set. I used a piece of acetate stamped with the saying along with a t-ruler to place the sentiment perfectly within the frame. The leaf die is from My Favorite Things and it's called Leaf-Filled Flourish. It's one of my most-used dies! It's also available in a larger size, but the smaller one fits nicely on my 5"x7" and 4.25" x 5.5" cards. The card above is a 5"x7" version.

Version II


...and after my coworker showed me a sympathy card that she bought in a pack of cards from Costco, I made up this version below using the Bird Builder punch (for the leaves) from SU and Flower Soft adhered with white Tombow Mono Liquid Glue for the flowers.


A tip to get the Flower Soft to stick firmly into the glue is to use the lid of the Flower Soft to apply pressure over the Flower Soft before shaking and tapping it off. A tiny paint brush (like the one that comes in water color paint sets for kids) is also useful for removing Flower Soft where it doesn't belong. The sentiment is from SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes set and the punch is their small oval.