Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, June 20, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS: My Version of the Modern Butterfly Card

Sometime ago, I saw a card on Pinterest like this and RATS!...I didn't pin it...but for my version...I used my retired Branch Out SU set - using the stamp for the leaves - to make the background for this impressionist-type butterfly card. I love how it turned out!


INK COLORS (by Stampin' Up):
Real Red, Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight,
Certainly Celery and Tempting Turquoise

PUNCH by Martha Stewart

The second version is very similar except it uses a separate layer of card stock plus a saying on a punched out oval. I can't decide which one I like best:


....and as I was making all 10+ boxes for my card party last week HERE, I experienced a happy little opportunity (i.e. I made a mistake and attached the inside boxes too close) and ended up cutting off the last and top box attached in order to salvage the entire set of boxes. It made a smaller Magic Box and I liked it even better...so if I make more of these boxes, I think I would make the smaller version!


To make a Magic Box with three inner boxes inside instead of four (as shown on the right in the photo above), follow all of the directions on the blog A LIFE AS LOU HERE except make the outside piece:

4 3/4" x 11 3/4" instead of 6" x 11 3/4"