Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, May 2, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
Tea Bag Holder Version 2

Have you seen the new version of the tea bag holder popping up on Pinterest like this?

Tea Bag Holder/Card /Cookie :: Confessions of a Stamping Addict
(CLICK HERE for the Original Pin)

My patient and talented paper crafter, Patsy, made me smile BIG TIME at work recently by giving me one for Easter:


The nice thing about this new version is that you can add some cookies to the center because there is plenty of room between the two sides! (See a bag a cookies in the very first photo above?) Now that Easter is over, I've been making all-occasion versions non-stop! The various double-sided papers make each one look entirely different:

Front View

Back View 
(Individual tea bags wrapped in cellophane
from Trader Joe's work well for this project!)

Love this paper!



I decided to make some directions for my card making friends using Patsy's tea bag holder. It started out with this photo:



Then I had a moment of clarity and decided to look for instructions online...and voilĂ !...here is the glorious pdf I found and a video tutorial, too! Maybe you'll become obsessed with making these --- just like me!

For the pdf instructions, CLICK HERE
and for the video tutorial, watch below:


NOTE: I discovered when folding the four corners to the fold lines to create a diagonal fold that it's best to leave a little space between the edges and the 2 1/2" and 6 " fold lines so the whole thing folds up better!

Here are more clever versions of the tea bag holder that I found on Pinterest this past week:

tea bag holder--- this would be a good card to send to my chemo angel!
CLICK HERE for the Original Pin

tutorial tea bag holder
CLICK HERE for the Original Pin

INSTRUCTIONS - Tea Bag Folder (with a pretty decorated front cover) Favor or Small Gift.  -------------Quick and easy project I made for a tea party baby shower. The only change I made was not to cut the pocket flap but to fold it down and secure it with a brad before gluing it. Everyone loved them.
CLICK HERE for the Original Pin

Tea-riffic TEA BAG GIFT HOLDERS by Studio M - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
CLICK HERE for Original Pin
and links to instructions