Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, April 4, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS
and Card Chicks Spring Card Party Projects

Tonight is a night that eleven of us always look forward to....it's our Card Chicks meeting! Below are the projects I have ready for our group to make. First up...I saw this adorable mini pizza box on Pinterest by the talented Becky Roberts on her blog Inkin' Idaho.



...and I knew my Card Chicks would love to make one at our card party! Becky was SO KIND to provide the measurements:

Cut the cardstock to 7-1/4" x 4".
Score the long side at 3/4", 3-1/4", 4" and 6-1/2".
Score the short side at 3/4" and 3-1/4".

I made my belly band 1" x 7 1/2" and scored it at 1 5/8" then finger-folded the remaining three folds around the box so the belly band can slide on and off the box.


I bought Happy Easter stickers that were the PERFECT size from Paper Source. I layered the sticker on top of a brown scallop punch using a 1 3/8" circle punch from white card stock for the center. The Hershey Nuggets (covered with white addresses labels that have been stamped) fit perfectly inside the box. I didn't look closely at first and ended up buying the wrong candies so now have chocolate coming out of my ears...nice problem to have - LOL!

Here is how I cut my DSP and where I put my adhesive/glue dots: 

The scoring stated in the photo above is for the long side, then turn the paper to the short side and score at 3/4" on the left then the right side. 


Our next project is a basket I modified from a
previous Pinterest pin on my blog post HERE:


The tiny feather coming out of the chick's head made for a nice finishing touch!...and here's the back view of the basket:

Click HERE to find directions.

I saw a cute little bunny card on Pinterest created by one of my favorite bloggers of all time - Jan Tink:

Easter Card

...and her card inspired me to create this card project for my Card Chicks:


The saying is from Darcie's Heart and Home EARS TO YOU set that I bought at Cranberry Hill but you can buy it HERE:


My final card project for our spring card party is cased from one of my favorite SU Demonstrators - Brenda Keenan here in San Jose. (I have to give her a BIG plug as her monthly card classes are absolutely wonderful!)

Cheerful Spring Card by the talented Brenda Keenan using the PETAL PRINTS SU set

She used the SU SAB set called PETAL PRINTS: 


...using the sentiment from
A DOZEN THOUGHTS also by SU and
also on my wish list!


Here are a couple of versions I made...and since I didn't have the exact same punch for the flowers, I made some substitutions and added a butterfly (using a Martha Stewart punch):



The flowers in the card above are from the flower in SAB SU Banner Blast set and I used a 3/4" circle punch around each one. I like the position of the photo corners best in this middle card but it will be interesting to see where the Card Chicks decide to place them =)