Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Thursday, June 27, 2013

NEW TOYS!

I made some cards with my sister and mom recently. My sister, Janie, just bought over SU's Papillon Potpourri set, the 2 coordinating punches for that set and Giggle Greetings so we could play. (See the SU June 2013-May 2014 catalog, page 90, 183 and 29.) We made the card below with the Giggle Greetings cat...


...and the silver bow was the finishing touch that really made this card a WOW card! Brilliant idea, Janie!...and then we made some butterfly cards...LOVE those butterflies! The adhesive gems for the body parts make this card pop!


I bought my embossing folder for the cards below from UCUTATHOME that my friend, Mel, brought to our last Card Divas meeting. I just had to have it!...and this is my first card below with that folder using the extra butterflies I stamped and punched out with my sister's new SU toys:


I sent this card to my pen pal, LA, to thank her for the surprise she sent to me in the mail! You can see Mel's original card that she had us make HERE. Then I showed that card to my coworker and as soon as she saw it....she had to order that embossing folder, too! The folder is made by Darice and it's called BUTTERFLIES IN CORNER. (See ucutathome link above or order from ebay.) It sure makes for a quick but elegant card! Thanks, Mel!...and here is another set of cards made with this folder. I made these cards with my oh! so talented neighbor Ava who is only 7 years old! Her cards turned out so well that I had to check on the back of the cards for my handmade label to make sure I got my cards and she got hers!