Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Reese's Turkeys!

I saw a cute favor to make for Thanksgiving on Pinterest, tweaked it a bit and came up with a slightly different idea. Oh, how I love to craft! These little guys will make nice table favors and I can use up some paper scraps in the process! I used thin foam tape to attach the Reese's cup to the first scallop circle (placed closer to the top of the Reese's), then I used thicker foam squares to place between the remaining scallops. A rolled glue dot holds the 3/4" head onto the Reese's cup at an angle by placing the glue dot at the edge of the Reese's , and I squished the Reese's cup slightly so it would sit upright nicely. BTW - The eyes are black adhesive gems from Michael's and the beak was created by scoring a 1" yellow strip of card stock in half, folding in half with a bone folder, then cutting a triangle along the folded edge.


Updated version with heart feet:


...and here's the turkey that gave me inspiration: