Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Get Well Card



I have MANY sets of Nesties and I used them in a different way to create this card for a friend who is about to have some surgery. Oh --- how I love those Nesties! I used a 3/4" circle and my Small Classic Squares set to create two masks, then ripped a piece of scrap paper to add 3 color levels on this card. 



The oval saying (from Impression Obsession called Life is Tweet) is raised with foam tape --- and along with the two gems --- adds to the finished overall look when you see it in person. I used Brilliance Pearlescent Inks (Sky Blue, Pearl Purple, Beige and Cosmic Copper for the tree) with VersaMagic Hint of Pesto for the green at the bottom. The shiny ink finish gives this card a lovely ethereal quality. The tree and bird stamp are from a Stampin' Up set called Branch Out.

If you'd like to see an awesome tutorial using Nestie masking and a sponge coloring technique, click HERE. WARNING: You may have to get the tree stamp seen in this tutorial for your Halloween cards this year!