Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, July 22, 2016

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
A Gift Idea and the
Very Best of Pinterest Pins

LOVE this quick & easy money/gift card wallet idea:



Unfotunately, Pinterest wouldn't let me pin the pics
due to concerns about spam, so to view the
wonderful tutorial and video go to the blog called
genstampin4fun or click HERE.

To make, start with a piece of cardstock that measures
4 1/4" x 11"

Score along the 11" side at 3 5/8" from both
the right and left sides.

Along the 4 1/4" side, score at 3"
then follow the video.

I'm been having loads of fun with some beautiful stamp sets from Rubbernecker that creates the look of watercolor painting. This is one of my new favorites called POPPY TRIO #869:


The MISTI allows me to get a dense black image
over the colored flowers. Best money every spent!

I used a clear Wink of Stella brush to apply a micro fine
glitter and sparkle effect on all of the flowers -
and in person, the card pops!



Here's one more new stamp set from Rubbernecker
that I borrowed from my friend, Mel - then had to buy
for myself  because I loved it!



This set is called:
WATERCOLOR POPPIES #179

I used water-based markers directly on the stamp, spritzed it with a lot of water then stamped on watercolor paper. While the ink was still wet, I then added more paint directly to the stamped image using a kids' watercolor paint set! This allowed me to intensify and blend colors as needed. A watercolor pad that I recently discovered from another site is Fabriano Studio Watercolor Paper. It's ideal for stamping because it does not have pronounced ridges in it. Affordable, too! Check it out HERE.