Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, May 1, 2015

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
The Very Best of Recent Pins on Pinterest

SCREEN CARDS
My talented friend, Mel, introduced me to screen cards and I can hardly stop making them! Here's the first one I made:


She gave a great tip on how to get that bottom punch to line perfectly up when all four panels are closed: Punch the first panel right in the center at the bottom, then close only the next panel underneath the top panel and line up the punch so it matches the punched out area on that first panel. Keep adding the next panel and the panel before on top until all four panels are punched out.

My next screen card was with a set I haven't used in a long time called Sweet Summer (SU retired):


Bees from Jolee's at Michael's (LOVE those bees!)

On the card above, I tried fussy cutting around the larger flowers on panels two and four...but on the next one I made, I used punches on all of the flowers. The large flower is from a 1" punch and the smaller flower uses a 3/4" punch:

STAMPS:
Sweet Summer and Messages for Mom by SU

I used my Copic markers for the coloring and used the broad tip end to color on white paper, then stamped HAPPY and cut it out with SU's small oval punch to get a perfect color match for the flowers and ovals:




Then I also tried a few screen cards using a purple palette:

STAMPS:
Sweet Summer, Fabulous Phrases and A Word for You by SU

There are loads of screen cards and tutorials on Pinterest....Check them out HERE and HERE. Also, there are two ways to fold up these screen cards and then open them up to display. If you fold them like the photo above, one will see a decorated panel right away when the envelope is opened and the card is removed. However, if you fold them like the second photo in this post, the panels display so nicely IMHO. Which way do you prefer? Make a few of these cards and you'll be addicted to making them, too!