Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, November 21, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
Beaded Cards

I was cleaning out and reorganizing my craft room when I found a small package of fall-colored beads. I knew right then that I wanted to make up a card for my pen pal, Leslie-Ann, because she told me that she has a friend who makes jewelry and who just started learning to make cards, too. Here is the first card combining jewelry making supplies along with card making:


For my second card, I made some modifications and I liked this one even more:


INSIDE VIEW

Then...I decided to do a search on Pinterest to see what was out there on beaded cards and found this wonderful tutorial to make a beaded tree:

Miniature tree tutorial (I always wondered how these were made!)
Click HERE for Original Pin

The instructions for this miniature tree can be found on the blog called THE PLEASURE OF TINY THINGS HERE. The instructions say to start with five lengths of 7" to 8" thin wire with three to four beads on each. I put three different beads on each of my five pieces of wire and here's the card I made on my first beaded tree attempt:


It's one of those cards that looks ten times better in person and one of those cards that I will have a very hard time parting with before I can give it to someone special!...and here are a few more clever ideas using beads and card making supplies - first up, here's a novel way to give someone a pair of earrings:

earring display cards
Original Pin HERE

gorgeous holiday card
Original Pin HERE

Crazy About Earrings (Customer Design) - Lima Beads. What a good idea, using an edge punch to make earring holes, and yet still ending up with a folded card to make it easier to display!
Original Pin HERE

20 Lg ZOE  2.5 x 3.5 inch Tent Cards, EARRING CARDS, Jewelry cards, Earring Display, Earring Card, Earring Holder, stud card
Original Pin HERE

Easy ribbon Christmas Trees
Original Pin HERE

handmade Thanksgiving card ... clean and simple ... skeleton leaf ... linen thread with copper beads ... beautiful!
Original Pin HERE

The Vamoose tag packaging
Original Pin HERE

Happy Birthday
Original Pin HERE

baby reveal
Original Pin HERE

The original pin above shows how to make any word in wire!