Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, August 22, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS
for the Week Ending 8/22/2014:
New Toys from Stampin' Up!

Oh! Joy! New SU items have arrived and I just had to make my first Christmas card with them! The two new sets for me are White Christmas and Endless Wishes:






...and so I could justify my new stamp set purchase, I decided to try and make a Halloween card with the trees stamp from the White Christmas set:


The bats were made using a butterfly punch - the smaller of the two offered by SU. After punching out a small butterfly in black card stock, you go back in for a second punch over the top space left by the first punch. Just punch it again to make a bat! It's a similar idea to the one shown in the pin below, but I like to save a step and cut out one butterfly first (discard that butterfly), then go back and punch again at the top of the void left by the first punch --- so much easier than gluing the first butterfly to a piece of paper then going in to punch it again! Another multi-use idea for a punch I already have - SCORE! 

procrastistamper: Bitty Butterfly & Elegant Butterfly Punch Bats
Original Pin HERE

I'm so happy that SU is starting to do some sets in the photopolymer/clear stamps! I did some searching on Pinterest for cards using their sets featured in the Holiday Mini Catalog. First up....here's what I found for their White Christmas set:

SU set White Christmas * Krafty Christmas by summerthyme64 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Original Pin HERE

Original Pin HERE

Holiday Catalog - Stampin' Up! White Christmas
Original Pin HERE

...and here are some samples using the Endless Wishes set:

By Teneale Williams| Using non Christmas stamp set, Choose Happiness.
Original Pin HERE

Original Pin HERE

Klompen Stampers (Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Jackie Bolhuis): Big Shot Blitz Day 13: Edgelits, Endless Wishes, Stampin' Up!
Original Pin HERE

Kay Kalthoff is Stamping to Share with Stampin' Up! Endless Wishes Photopolymer Stamp Set, Christmas Card, How To Video
Original Pin HERE

Stampin' Up! Endless Wishes Christmas Card. Stampin' Dolce: Christmas Cards. www.stampindolce.com
Original Pin HERE

I've found that these clear photopolymer sets work best with VersaFine inks...however, they do need quite a bit of drying time before handling.