Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Monday, June 2, 2014

MAY CARD DIVAS MEETING

Here are the projects for our May Card Divas' meeting:

Making Michele's card took us back to our childhood days when we played with paper dolls! It was fun to play like that as adults, too, as we designed the style for the dress form die cut.

Loved Alice's clever idea of using an oval punch (snipping on the top and bottom plus adding a wire) to make a stylish vase! The greenery was created by cutting strips of paper and adhering them with a glue dot then a foam square --- it's an easy idea with impressive results and it looked like a pricey Papyrus card when we were finished!



Christie showed us how to use three small glue dots on the back right and left sides to hold the twine and conserve it, too. This color combo is one of my favs! She pre-cut the flowers and added the glitz for us --- thanks, Christie!

Mel had us use a circle punched out of a Post It Note to create a mask for the white moon. It was a stunning card and now I'm looking at my stamp sets to see how I can make more cards using this technique! It would make a great Halloween card in yellow, orange and purple, too!


This possible Father's Day card from Katie was a big hit! She had us apply a liquid product to the frame to make it look 3D when it dried. I loved this idea! 


Here's the product we used to get the 3D effect on the black frame around the dog:

Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents Precision Tip, 2-Ounce

The tip on the bottle is very thin and it also allows one to control the rate of flow from the tip. I liked it a lot - better than some others I've tried! Click HERE to see it on Amazon.com. Katie showed us two more new products that I may have to have as well --- an opaque white pen that really looks white on colored paper and won't clog like the Signo Uniball pen:

Pitt Big Brush Pen 101 White
Click HERE to see it on Amazon.com. The other item was a pen - Wink of Stella Brush Tip Glitter Marker by Zig - that easily applies a wonderful glitter effect to projects without any mess:


It comes in many colors, but Katie had the clear one. Click HERE for the Amazon.com link. Thanks, Katie, for all of these links and for helping me spend my money!!!



My project for the ladies was a card holder for 2 to 4 cards. Everyone made a unique holder using different papers and it was fun to see how different pieces of DSP really changed the look of this coordinating card holder and card set. From one 12" x 12" sheet, you can cut everything to make this set! For directions and more sample photos, visit my PIN IT FRIDAY FAV blog post HERE.

For favors, I made everyone a one sheet cookie box just like the ones that I posted HERE. For the inside of the boxes, I decided to go with a no calorie option and found travel sample sizes for that new shampoo and conditioner called Clear at my local Safeway store. I simply added shimmering raffia around the bottles and it was a quick and simple project to complete!