Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, April 18, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS: Christmas in June Card Chicks Party


I'm already starting to think about projects for our awesome card club to make at our annual Christmas in June party. This year, I think I'll give a magic box assembly demo like the one below. It's a project that I discovered last year thanks to a previous PIN IT FRIDAY FAV post:

MAGIC BOX 

...then I'll have each Card Chick bring some sort of simple tag project for all of us to make. That will give us a variety of tags that we can put into the 4 little boxes like I did below:


A wonderful set of directions to assemble this magic box can be found on the blog A Life as Lou - just click HEREA box like this could be made for any occasion with sweet little surprises - like chocolates! - and notes put into each of the 4 smaller boxes! My mother and MIL would love a gift like this =)

NOTE: A tag measuring 2.5" x 2.5" or less fits into this tower of boxes. So...I started looking on Pinterest this week to find some tag examples to show everyone what can be made for tags...and here's what I found:

GIFT CARD HOLDERS by Tammie Edgerton, #GiftGiving, #Tags, #Christmas
Click HERE for Original Pin

Stampin' Up! Gift Tags
Click HERE for Original Pin

xmas tags
Click HERE for Original Pin

Christmas tag
Click HERE for Original Pin

My Stampin' Up! Christmas tags this year!
Click HERE for Original Pin

Michael's and Joann's also sells tags in packages that can serve as an easy base for the tags (just trim off the length and sides as needed). It's an easier way to go if you want to make these magic boxes and tag sets to give as gifts:

Graphic 45 Staples Tag Album Regular, , hi-resMaya Road Manila Shipping Tags #2, , hi-res 

I'll ask the ladies to keep the layers to a minimum and keep the tags on the simple side since we'll be making so many tags plus the box at the party. Something like this is gorgeous, but it just won't fit into our little boxes!

Stamping to Share: 9/26 Stampin' Up! Delicate Doilies Designer Rosette Christmas Ornament
Click HERE for Original Pin