Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Sunday, March 23, 2014

LATEST CARDS

My pen pal, Leslie-Ann, in British Columbia has made me do my happy dance several times over the last few days thanks to not one BUT TWO of her amazing cards!! Thank you for making me smile BIG TIME, LA!


First, came this gorgeous card and everything about it is WONDERFUL! I love the saying and it's going into a frame to put in my office =) Leslie-Ann told me that the embossed background paper was handmade and it truly adds to the richness of this magnificent card....and for her second card, she included the measurements inside the card on the right panel so I could try making one, too! What a terrific pen pal she is! 



So clever how the butterfly is suspended in the opening!

Now here are some cards I made this week...first up is a birthday card for my dear father-in-law who will turn 88 years young this week! For the inside right panel, I cut out a picture of the three grandsons taken 15 years ago...my how time flies!



Then I made this baby chick card for our friends who just became first-time grandparents:



...and lastly...I sold some items at a paper crafters' flea market recently and was able to buy some new toys from the profits. This butterfly die made me do my happy dance again!



Inside view showing an oval embossing folder from SU along with a stamp set from My Favorite Things called Punch a Bunch (retired but can be found on ebay)...plus here's version two:


The die is from Memory Box and called Kensington Border and the background embossing folder is from Darice that I found months ago at Hobby Lobby:

product image


I was having a problem getting this intricate die to cut out properly even with the waxed paper technique, but then I made a YUREKA! discovery: If I made a sandwich of an A plate, C plate, glossy photo with the glossy side facing up, then the card stock I wanted to cut...and finally...the die face down with a B plate on top...it cut out all of the pieces beautifully when sent through my Cuttlebug!