Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

EIGHT CARDS FOR $1!

I was at Michael's the other day and made an amazing find in the $1 bin section: Eight cards for only $1!!!!!!!!! Here's what the original plain card looked like:


...and I had an idea...With SU's new bird punch, I embellished these cards on the outside and inside - and very quickly (using some paper scraps and some Zip two-way glue) - created 8 different cards that I can give as a gift --- Make that 2 gifts as I'll give a set of 4 cards each to two friends. Here are the inside and outside views of one of the embellished cards:



There were even several design variations of card sets available, but I liked this set the best. The business-sized envelopes included were of excellent quality, too...and I embellished those with some matching papers. Oh! Don't you just love it when you find a bargain like that?! (Note: It may be hard to tell in the photos, but the far right branch is glued to the white inside of the card so that it's part of the design when the card is opened as well as closed. Also, the bird on the card front has no adhesive on its tail so the card can open to reveal another bird facing the opposite direction. I also raised the wing on the card front bird with a foam square for added dimension.)