Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Cake Slice Box


My new blog buddy, Kay of Creations on Paper, posted one of my cake slices on her blog yesterday! I made this cake slice box using her tutorial and it was the best $4.99 I've ever spent! If you make up 12 slices to give as favors for party guests, you can actually combine the slices to make a beautiful paper cake! For this slice, I attached the candle on top of the flower's center brad with a glue gun --- and it's pretty darn stable. I used THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS SU stamp set for the circular sentiment, Prima mini flower, Recollections adhesive pearls, Classic Scallop Circles Nesties, DCWV Nana's Kids DSP, a birthday candle from a pack purchased at the grocery store, PLUS a single scallop rose. Click HERE for my FREE scallop paper rose tutorial. I've been filling my boxes with Werther's Sugarless Candies (from Safeway and Walgreen's) and a small handwritten note.