Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Little Piece of Happiness Sent by a Friend


I  LOVE it when one of my card making friends sends me a card, and this one - from my friend Mel - has been sitting on my desk in my craft room for several weeks. I wanted to try one myself because this card just makes me happy every time I look at it! Well, I finally had the chance to try it while on a stay-cation this week, and I hope you'll try making one yourself. 


Punch out a 1" circle and use a pencil to draw around that circle near the middle of the card. Next - begin stamping equally around the pencil-drawn circle with a leaf-type stamp using green ink. Then take a second flower stamp in a color that will match the outer background layer of color and stamp around the circle again. Add your saying in a white 1" circle with a few layers of color behind it. (I used a 1  1/4" and a 1  3/8" punch for the layers behind the saying.) Then add some ribbon and a bow before adhering the white stamped background layer to the card front. Here are my first few attempts below. Thanks, Mel, for the idea to make your lovely card! 



Stampin' Up Stamp Sets: Pocket Silhouettes and Vintage Labels