Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Monday, April 26, 2010

Dress Card


I made this card for my friend, Suzanne, who helped me with a project for my upcoming Paper Crafter's Tea Party class. I used two scallop punches for the dress (from K&Co.'s Black and Ivory Fusion stack pack papers) and joined them at the waist. Then I placed a large glue dot on the back to attach a piece of narrow ribbon to hide the place where the two trimmed scalloped pieces joined. To attach the dress to the card, I used foam tape to give the card a little dimension. I cut the shoes freehand and added the Studio G "Thank you" saying. When I was all done, something seemed to be missing and it was a little gem on the dress belt and the shoes! If you make a bunch of these cards, it's worth making a scallop template for the top and bottom of the dress to get the right cut lines quickly every time!